Measuring the success of a knowledge strategy means considering the impact it has on four key areas of the business: customer satisfaction, financial performance, business processes, and organizational health.
Apply a balanced-scorecard approach to build the dashboards used to monitor the effects over time. Use these dashboards to watch for trends that move in the correct direction to serve as indicators that the project has proven successful.
Customer Satisfaction effects to monitor
- Reduce customer effort
- Increase customer satisfaction with assisted resolutions
- Increase customer satisfaction ratings on content
- Increase customer success with self-service (non-assisted)
- Maintain or improve Net Promoter Score (NPS)
Financial Performance effects to monitor
- Increase sales
- Maintain or improve margins in Support and Field
- Reduce cost per sale
- Reduce cost per resolution (both assisted and non-assisted)
- Increase number of non-assisted resolutions
Business Processes effects to monitor
- Reduce escalations to next level
- Reduce time to resolution (assisted and non-assisted)
- Reduce time to publish new content
- Reduce time to implement content improvements
Organizational Health effects to monitor
- Reduce unwanted turnover in organization
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Increase employee skill levels
- Increase employee growth potential and career path opportunities
- Reduce time to proficiency for new staff
- Reduce training time required for new staff
This is part of KM Path™ Phase 6
This article is part of Optimize, the sixth step in Irrevo's KM Path methodology. The best KM programs become an integral part of a company's day-to-day operations and a vital component of the customer experience, but without proper maintenance, your program could quickly stagnate.
Irrevo's KM Path is the proprietary methodology we designed to help you plan, build, launch, and optimize your knowledge program. Learn more
Get a free knowledge program analysis
Find out how your knowledge program measures up. The Irrevo KM Path™ Program Maturity Analysis is designed to quickly and accurately assess the health of your program based on industry-leading best practices, and clearly define the steps necessary to achieve your program vision and goals.
Watch our recorded webinar
This webinar, Managing Knowledge to Achieve Greater Impact, provides actionable recommendations to create a proactive, high-value knowledge program.